Skip to main content

2022

   It's the last Friday of the year 2022 and I can't help but ruminate on the year, the good and the bad, the ups and the down, it's been tough.


   I spent the day in the lab trying to locate and identify helminth eggs , I really wish there was an easier and better method.
What if there was a database of parasites and their eggs and we get to pass microscopic images of the eggs or parasite into the database and the eggs/parasites get identified? Like, something of FBI database that gets to identify criminals?

   Like what could go wrong? Similar eggs getting mixed up? Getting the database started? Funding? Or it isn't at all possible?

   Maybe it isn't possible or why else would we still be doing faecal and floatation procedures, taking precious time away when there could be an alternative.
Or maybe it's available somewhere and not in Nigeria.

   While we were discussing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and how to amplify genes, my lecturer mentioned "gene bank" that has "identified and pre-registered" genes that could be use for making primers. With gene complexity,  I could only imagine how hard it would be to get the gene bank set up, setting up "parasite database" shouldn't be that hard.

  Lots of maybes, I hope we get see innovation and development in those area as it would immensely help in diagnosing both human and veterinary parasitic diseases.

 
   2022, for me has been a crazy year, the 8 months ASUU strike that fucked up my mental health, the crypto bear market extending into 2022, loosing my wallet key phrases and watching my volatile assets turned to dust, the Aptos airdrop giving me a breathing chance , learning to code, returning back to memorization, teaching, resumption ... I survived,  it's been crazy.


   "ASUU announced 1 month warning strike" was the headline on the 14th day Feb, I was happy, atleast we've just finished our first semester examination a few days back and we would hopefully spend the strike period coinciding with our holiday, "nothing spoil" I muttered. And that's how we spent 8 months at home!

   The first few months, I was lost on what to do, I went to my aunt place in Ogun state where I mostly spend my holidays, came back and still lost on what to do, I was learning how to code a website by the side and moving at my own pace. 5 months into the strike, I was opportuned to be selected for a Udacity Cloud development scholarship, with my little self learning,  I was able to graduate after 3 months of intensive reading and practice, nodejs, Sequelize,  Aws, it was an experience. I was hoping I would be able to continue learning after resumption but it wasn't possible 😕,  Veterinary school is meant to suck you dry.


   My interest in coding was solely on the aim of building my own trading bots, I've seen beforehand what those are capable of, buying new launches at their first block and selling almost immediately at x10, i was intrigued,  I could get to buy one for myself (not reliable) but I couldn't even afford them, so I made up my mind to learn how to make a bot custom made to suit new launches on different chain but but I'm still on it.

   Spending the holiday at home was tough,  with my parents constant reminder of how "I've been sleeping through the holidays and doing nothing for months", I had to give in to pressure one day and register with a secondary school,  it was my grandma's, I was in charge of Junior secondary school 1 class and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated,  it was only time consuming.  Waking up early to get dressed up and closing by 4pm and I still have to attend my Quran Memorising class, from 4pm to 6pm. School resumption rescued me, It was one month of morning till night, 7am to 7pm. I had no time to myself anymore. At this point I wondered how people doing 9 to 5 jobs venture into other things or even earn certifications to further their career growth. I don't want to ever live like that 😪 .


Ps- seems the use of electron microscopy in advanced countries makes having "parasites bank" redundant.

It's 2023 already and I look forward to what's in store. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

                Classical Books that could change your life: Lacon or many things on few words; addressed to those who think by Rev. Charles Caleb Colton        Charles was not just a Reverend, he was also an eccentric, with invaluable opinions and a brilliant philosopher. He lived an exemplary life many centuries ago and authored many books including Hypocrisy, a satire, Moscow, a poem, Critical remarks on lord Byron and many more.         Today, we go through one of his literary work, " Lacon or many things in few words; Addressed to those who thinks" , a fine piece of work put together in a tactical way published in the 1820s. The book has attracted a number of vituperative remarks and criticism as a result of its name but Caleb, vindicating his book prevaricated - " But a volume addressed to those who think is in fact addressed to the world; for although the proportion of those who do think, be extr...

Thoughts 1

    I don't know, I've just realised it's been quite a while i posted anything in here, I struggle with consistency obviously 😑, but man i don't know i'm tired!  You asked why I'm tired, Yeah? Nothing , Nothing, I don't know.      I started this blog back in 2020, when I learnt how to monetize blogs and YouTubing, picking a niches and building on it consistently and then driving traffic from Pinterest and a whole lot more. My teacher really did a good work of familiarising us with more than enough concept while showing us examples of success stories, but i guess i failed him, you know , I mean all that and after years there's nothing to show for it? I am the problem!       Let's go back a little, I've always loved writing, writing rhyming poems sometimes, and playing with words. I've never failed at writing articles in school, I, infact choose articles over letters in school and I grade fairly, but I've always had this impression t...

4 natural proven ways to avoid Depression.

    Depression is a serious medical condition and in its extreme can lead to suicide and self harm. A no of people take antidepressants as a treatment for depression but in this article I will take you through ways and steps to avoid getting depressed. 1. Pets : are companion animals and can serve as a solution to being alone. Medically, they are proven to boost serotonin level and can significantly improves mood. Pets have been mans best friend for long, accept our errors without prejudice, welcoming us with a smiling face when the world is against us as they are non judgemental, unconditionally friendly and they doesn't care about your race or background; they are there to love you any day or time. - Dogs are nicknamed man's best friend for a reason. The canine specie are not just for watch they are alongside, awesome pet. Dogs reduces stress, anxiety & depression. They eases loneliness, encourages exercise and generally improves your all round heath and wellb...